The new NieR Replicant was first announced as an updated version of the original 2010 game. Now, the developers have given an interview to Famitsu and revealed some new information about the game.
- As the developers did a lot of work on the update, the game became much more than a remaster
- The developers say that the camera work feels more like a remaster, but they also changed some things
- The original game was a bit under-polished and the developers think that they should improve some game mechanics in order to make gameplay pleasant for the NieR: Automata fans
- The developers say they’re looking forward to hearing Yui Ishikawa and Natsuki Hanae (the voice actors for 2B and 9S)
- Director Yoko Taro also mentioned that Takahisa Taura from PlatinumGames is working on checking the action parts of NieR Replicant
NieR Replicant is under development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the PC. NieR Replicant was first released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in April 2010. The game recently celebrated its 10th anniversary.