This was quite unexpected, but here we go: Microsoft has entered into a deal to buy ZeniMax Media, the parent company of publisher Bethesda Softworks. The deal includes dozens of studios, including creators of The Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Quake, The Evil Within, Dishonored and Wolfenstein.
Here is a list of the studios that are now part of Microsoft:
- Bethesda Game Studios — The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfield
- id Software — DOOM
- ZeniMax Online Studios — The Elder Scrolls Online
- Arkane — Dishonored, Prey (2017), Deathloop
- MachineGames — Wolfenstein
- Tango Gameworks — The Evil Within, Ghostwire: Tokyo
- Roundhouse Studios (formerly Human Head Studios) — Prey (2006).
The deal, according to Jason Schreier, is worth $7.5 billion.