Back in 2017, the Constantin Film company reported the re-launch of the Resident Evil movie franchise. As Deadline reports, Constantin Film finally shared the details of the upcoming action film.
This time, the plot will return to the origins. Place of action — Raccoon City, time — 1998. Here comes the cast:
- Kaya Scodelario (The Maze Runner) is Claire Redfield.
- Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man and the Wasp) is Jill Valentine.
- Robbie Amell (Upload) is Chris Redfield.
- Tom Hopper (The Umbrella Academy) is Albert Wesker.
- Avan Jogia (Zombieland: Double Tap) is Leon S. Kennedy.
- Neal McDonough (Yellowstone) is William Birkin.
The director and screenwriter of the relaunch is Johannes Roberts, the director of the 47 Meters Down horror duology. The premiere date of the new Resident Evil is still unknown.
Meanwhile, Netflix is preparing two Resident Evil TV series at once — an animated series called Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness and a live-action series simply called Resident Evil. Infinite Darkness will be released in 2021.
Category: Game consoles, News, PC