Yesterday was the premiere of CD Projekt RED’s second Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire episode. The main themes of the episode are the backstory of V, types of weapons, and the participation of Swedish punk rock band Refused on the soundtrack.
The Cyberpunk 2077 Lifepaths trailer reveals three origins: Nomad, Street Kid, and Corpo. Here are some details from senior quest designer Philipp Weber:
- The choice of background affects the CP2077 prologue. For example, in the introduction for a nomad, you first need to get to Night City, while the other versions of V are already in town.
- The list of available lines and opportunities also depends on V’s past. In one V will figure out the plans of the corporate shark and in another V will find a common language with the bandits.
- In order to visit the wasteland, you don’t have to follow the nomadic path — this place will be open for other versions of V.
Tools of destruction
Paweł Kapała, senior gameplay designer of CP2077, talked about V’s arsenal:
- The game has three main types of firearms — Power, Tech, and Smart:
- Power is similar to a conventional weapon, but when fired it ricochets the bullets from surfaces.
- Tech guns use electromagnetic energy, launching projectiles at great speed. This allows them to pierce hideouts, including walls.
- Smart-guns release guided missiles.
- As V reaches new levels, he/she starts to reload and aim faster, shoot more accurately and so on.
- Weapons can be purchased from merchants, and you may also find guns at the bodies of defeated enemies.
- The barrels are divided by rarity, from ordinary to legendary. “Legendary” has unique properties, but to get such a weapon, you will have to make a difficult decision — for example, sacrifice a character that you like.
Refused and new SAMURAI song
As previously known, in Cyberpunk 2077 Swedish punk rock band Refused depicts a fictional band called SAMURAI. Refused has recorded several tracks for CP2077 and CD Projekt RED has published another one — “A Like Supreme.”
Judging by the video above, we will see the rock concert via the eyes of SAMURAI leader Johnny Silverhand, played by Keanu Reeves.
You can check the full Night City Wire episode with the developers’ commentary here: