Just a few days ago, Amazon Germany and GameStop Italy leaked the new Assassin’s Creed game in product listings which have since been taken down. The internet is already torn apart by guessing whether the listings for the game, called Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok, are fake or not.
While alleged gameplay screenshots from Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok leaked last year were proven to be fake, new leaks allege that the viking concept is still on. These new rumors appeared last Wednesday on 4chan. The anonymous user who revealed this information said that he heard it “from members of the team.” While Ubisoft hasn’t confirmed anything, the alleged details are quite interesting. The main points are:
- The game will release on September 29
- There will be only one main character, Jora, with the possibility to choose between male and female
- In addition to the main character, there will be four other companions driven by A.I. or co-op players
- Battles will be more difficult and tied up in timings (Thanks Sekiro for good ol’ timing-oriented battle fashion!)
- Weapons can break down or be improved
- Berserker mode will be available
- The map will include huge cities like York, London, Paris, and Kiev
- There will be new stealth elements like hiding in the mud or snow and more
As I mentioned before, Ubisoft hasn’t commented on this yet, but it is very easy to assume this might be the truth. Almost every previous AS game has been leaked before its announcement. Maybe this is how Ubisoft is checking audience reaction to the game before making any official statements. After all, according to this leak, the game should be announced during February’s Playstation Meeting. So, we just have to wait for a month and remember: nothing is true, everything is permitted.