The Chivalry 2 Crossplay Closed Beta is now available. This access will run through Monday, April 26, allowing players to get downright medieval with this ambitious crossplay game from Torn Banner Studios.
The Closed Beta is available to those who pre-order the game during the Closed Beta weekend (as well as those who pre-ordered earlier). As of April 23 at 10:30 a.m. ET, you can find the Beta on your platform and download it immediately with no key required.
Watch video of the Chivalry 2 Closed Beta Combat Guide below.
What platforms are included with the crossplay? In this case, crossplay will unite players on the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. PC play is also available through the Epic Games Store.
What will Closed Beta players get to experience? Aside from crossplay compatibility, here are just a few of the highlights from gameplay.
- With support for up to 64 players, this is medieval combat on a grand scale.
- There are 12 different subclasses, allowing players to pick the weapons and styles they prefer.
- Players will also have access to devious traps and massive siege engines (including catapults, trebuchets, ballistae, and more). If you can see it, you can fight with it, including stray chickens on the battlefield!
- You can now play on a new map: The Siege of Rudhelm. It is designed for a Team Objective Mode where up to 64 players either attack a well-defended castle or try to protect it from invaders.
- A Team Deathmatch mode is available if you just want to sign in and start swinging!
If you are playing the game on PS4 or Xbox One, keep in mind that you will get a free cross-generational upgrade to the game if you buy a PS5 or Xbox Series X|S.
Chivalry 2 will release worldwide on June 8.