A good old-fashioned leak has revealed the first details of an upcoming game once again before its official announcement: a listing for Far Cry 6 appeared briefly on the Hong Kong PlayStation Store today.
ResetEra forum users and Twitter users were able to screencapture the listing before it was taken down.
The first details are translated from Chinese:
- The location is Yara, “a tropical paradise frozen in time.”
- The main villains are the tyrant Anton Castillo, who wants to restore the greatness of his nation, and his son, following in his father’s footsteps. Judging by the cover, Castillo Senior is really played by Giancarlo Esposito from the Breaking Bad series.
- The protagonist is Dani Rojas, a native Yaran and a member of the local resistance.
- The biggest “sandbox” in the Far Cry series: jungle, beaches and the capital of Yara, Esperanza.
- Weapons, transportation and partners are available.
- The game supports the analogue of “Smart Delivery” on PlayStation — if you buy the PS4 version, then the PS5 version will be available to you for free.
The release date seems to be February 18, 2021. The official announcement of Far Cry 6 should take place on Sunday, July 12 during the digital event Ubisoft Forward, which starts at 3 p.m. ET.
Category: Game consoles, News, PC