Activision Blizzard has released the earnings report for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2019 and shared some plans for the future. The most interesting news is that the company is going to release a new premium Call of Duty game this fall.
Activision didn’t reveal which of its studios would be working on the new Call of Duty, which breaks with tradition from previous earnings calls. Previously, Kotaku reported that CoD 2020 has faced some development problems and will be developed by Treyarch (Black Ops series) instead of Sledgehammer Games (Advanced Warfare, WWII). So it is kind of unusual for Activision not to to flaunt Treyarch’s name.
A few other facts from the report:
- Call of Duty Mobile installs exceeded 150 million.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) sales increased by a double-digit percentage over Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
- World of Warcraft has doubled its active player community since the end of Q2.
- The Overwatch community has exceeded 50 million players.
- Candy Crush Saga mobile was the top-grossing title in U.S. app stores.