Assassin’s Creed Valhalla creative director Ashraf Ismail gave a big interview to Kotaku and revealed a lot of details about the upcoming game.
- The developers paid a lot of attention to NPCs inside the main character’s settlement. NPCs will become “meaningful to the player.” In addition, Eivor will face the problem of overpopulation.
- You can meet “old friends” in the settlement, who will give you a new mission.
- Diplomacy will allow you to finish the task without spilling blood. However, this solution is not available on all missions.
- There will be a new “tool wheel” in the system.
- The developers have shown the trailers only with the male version of the hero. There will also be fem versions of trailers in the future.
- The missions in the game won’t require separate leveling; everything will be based only on the main character’s abilities. The developers are trying to avoid “any kind of big progression walls.”
- The developers will show how the Viking people lost part of their culture in the clash with the Europeans. The creators have consulted with historians in order to do this.
- Locations will differ both in appearance and in way of life of the locals.
- COVID-19 did not interfere with the development; everything is going according to plan.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be released for Holiday 2020.