Capcom has reported their financial results for the first quarter of this fiscal year, which ended June 30, 2020. Annual net revenue growth in the gaming segment was 53.7 percent, while annual operating profit growth was 52.6 percent.
The growth was supported by Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and both Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil 2 remakes. Also, digital sales increased, obviously, due to COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition, Capcom reported that the Resident Evil 3 remake has sold 2.7 million copies in three months, while the circulation of Monster Hunter: World reached 16 million copies (Iceborne — 5.8 million copies).
Finally, the company has updated the total sales of its most popular series:
- Resident Evil — 103 million copies
- Monster Hunter — 64 million copies
- Street Fighter — 45 million copies
- Mega Man — 36 million copies
- Devil May Cry — 22 million copies
- Dead Rising — 14 million copies
Category: Game consoles, News, PC