The first day of Summer of Gaming — a series of IGN broadcasts, with a bunch of trailers and announcements — has ended. Don’t expect big games here at all, but still there is enough interesting news.
Let’s take it in sequence:
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood — an action-RPG in the “World of Darkness” universe (Vampire: The Masquerade series, for example), based on the board game Werewolf: The Apocalypse. Release by the end of the year on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Metal: Hellsinger — a rhythm shooter with heavy metal as the soundtrack. It is developed by The Outsiders studio. The release is scheduled for 2021 for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
- Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX — an updated version of the 1986 classic platformer which includes a visual style redesign, new levels, expanded history and so on. The game launches on PC and consoles. The release date is unknown.
- Chivalry II — a first-person medieval action game that will be released on consoles and receive crossplay support between all platforms. Release is later this year, and the release dates for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X are expected to be announced later also.
- The Waylanders — an RPG in the spirit of BioWare classics that is being developed by Chris Avellone, Mike Laidlaw and Inon Zur, among others. The RPG will be released on June 16 in Steam’s Early Access.
- 11 minutes of Second Extinction gameplay — a cooperative shooter like Left 4 Dead and Vermintide. A team of three different class players fight against mutant dinosaurs. Second Extinction will be released on PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series X, no date specified yet.
- Eight minutes of Rustler (Grand Theft Horse) gameplay — a kind of parody on Grand Theft Auto 2 but in a medieval setting. The Steam page is already available, but no release date is specified yet.
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon — 14 new minutes of Western version gameplay that shows the research, turn-based battles and mini-games. The worldwide launch will take place in autumn on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
- Beyond Blue — an underwater adventure about exploring the ocean. It appears today, June 11, on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and iOS via Apple Arcade.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker will reach PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on August 18.
- Demon Turf announcement — 3D platform with 2D elements. Demon Turf will be released on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Nintendo Switch in late 2020/early 2021.
- Dual Universe — a space MMO, which combines EVE Online and Minecraft. The release is scheduled for 2020.
- Observer: System Redux — an extended next-gen horror reissue by the creators of Layers of Fear, Blair Witch and the upcoming The Medium. System Redux will appear at the end of the year on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
- Bounty of Blood: A Fistful of Redemption — new DLC for Borderlands 3. This Wild West style adventure will be released on June 25.
- New update for GTFO, which will see the light today, June 11.
- Five minutes of The Riftbreaker gameplay — “survival” with base building and action-RPG elements. The Riftbreaker will appear on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this year.
- The Mortal Shell — a souls-like where the protagonist is forced to dwell in the bodies of defeated warriors with their unique sets of skills and combat styles. The game will be released in the third quarter of 2020 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- Voidtrain — survival action about a journey on the interspace express. Voidtrain is scheduled for release this autumn for PC.
What announcement/trailer are you most excited about? Tell us in the comments below!