Ubisoft has officially announced a new game in Assassin’s Creed series. They did it in an original way: the famous artist BossLogic drew the key poster of the game in the live broadcast for several hours in a row. The rumors were confirmed: the new part of the game, which received the subtitle “Valhalla,” will be dedicated to the Viking era.
Now you can see brand new cinematic trailer for Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla. Valhalla is the place for the soldiers who fell in battle in in German Scandinavian mythology. Apparently, the events of the game will unfold in the 8th-11th centuries in Scandinavia, delving into the history of the Vikings and their culture, as well as one of their greatest and most intriguing mythologies.
Some info about Assassin’s Creed Valhalla:
- The beginning of the game will take place in Norway and further events will take place in England;
- Players will take on the role of viking assassin called Eivor. It will be possible to play Eivor as male or female;
- Character customization including beards, tattoos, combat coloring and equipment;
- Eivor’s companion will be a raven instead of an eagle from previous games;
- There will be a hub village that reflects the consequences of the player’s decisions. History will move forward as Viking villages emerge and develop;
- Villages will be the motivation for the player to return to already known territory;
- The game still has RPG elements;
- The segment will be played in the present time. Leila is still the main character. Developers have allegedly found a new way to make this segment interesting;
- Valhalla is a single-player game; there’s no co-op;
- The game is made from scratch for PS5 and Xbox Series X and supports Xbox Smart Delivery.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is aiming for late 2020 release on PC, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. On PC, the game will be available exclusively from the Epic Games Store and Uplay.