Konami Refutes Rumors of Silent Hill Revival

March 24, 2020

The whole internet has been talking about the return of the Silent Hill series for a long time. In mid-March, a new rumor emerged that Kojima Productions, Sony and the original Silent Hill creators may be working on two new games. Unfortunately, Konami has now made a statement saying the rumors are false.

News site Rely on Horror received a comment from the North American branch of the company. “We’re aware of all the rumors and reports but can confirm that they are not true,” said a Konami U.S. PR representative. “I know it’s not the answer your fans may want to hear.”

Rely on Horror tried to clarify what exactly is the information that Konami refutes: is it the restart of Silent Hill from former Team Silent developers, or the game that Sony allegedly offered to entrust Kojima Productions? But the site did not receive a response from Konami.

In the original email, the PR rep also assured that the publisher is still not breaking up with Silent Hill — it’s just that if the franchise comes back, it will not happen as described on the Internet. “It’s not to say we are completely closing the door on the franchise, just not in the way it is being reported,” the rep said. Konami had been using such vague language in the past.

However, Rely on Horror insists that they trust their sources which have previously provided true information about game series and events in the industry. As the last kernel of hope, the site offers the fact that the comment was given by the American division of Konami, and the preparation of Silent Hill, according to rumors, involves a Japanese branch.

Category: News

Leave a Reply

Wanna be a part of the team?
Press A to join us!